Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Bands I Love: The Smiths


The Smiths "This Charming Man"

#9 on my list of favorite bands of all time.

number of years i have been listening to them: since 1990 (so 20 fucking years!)
first album i ever owned: Meat Is Murder
how i got into them: was watching 120 Minutes one night and saw the video for "How Soon Is Now?" and the next time my parents took me to the mall i went and found the album with that song and bought it.
favorite albums: The Queen is Dead & Hatful of Hollow
top 3 favorite songs: still ill, this charming man, asleep
direct influence on my musical taste: other than U2 and REM, the Smiths were the first "alternative" band i ever listened to. helped me get into lots of 80s British rock bands like The Jesus & Mary Chain, Echo and The Bunnymen, New Order, etc..., also thanks to Morrissey i discovered T.Rex and The New York Dolls as well as all the other 70s Glam rock that i love. also would make me open to all forms of whiny sad bastard music that i would cry myself to sleep at night listening to during my teenage years.

No comments:

Post a Comment