Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Bands I Love: The Stooges


THE STOOGES

#6 on my all time favorite bands list

number of years i have been listening to them: since 1991
how i got into them: the year 1991 was a big year of discovery for me thanks to Nirvana and my subscription to SPIN magazine. i remember reading an article about the Seattle grunge scene and the two band names that got mentioned the most as being influential to it were Black Sabbath and The Stooges. i went out and found a copy of Iggy & The Stooges Raw Power at Wave’s music. the opening track "search and destroy" melted my face off and it was Iggy love ever since.
favorite album: Fun House
favorite songs: gimme danger, loose, tv eye, shake appeal, i got a right, real cool time
direct influence on my musical taste: my entire obsession with garage rock, proto punk, glam rock, and psychedelia can all be traced to my Stooges fandom.

No comments:

Post a Comment