Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Kids Of Today Should Defend Themselves Against the 1990s

Mike Watt & Eddie Vedder "Kids Against the '70s"
"The kids of today should defend themselves against the 70s". It’s a sentiment that I def share with Mike Watt now that I’m older and I see kids obsessed with the early 90s that they really don’t know anything about and weren’t a part of. Which I understand, it’s much harder to create your own culture than it is to latch onto to someone else’s nostalgia. (Says the guy who only listens to 70s/80s punk & post-punk bands)

This post comes out of conversation last night regarding the fact music is dead. Which is a bullshit thing to say...but also happens to be true.

basically I’m an aging hypocritical bastard and you should just ignore me and be young.

No comments:

Post a Comment